Ryobi R18DDP2-0 18V ONE+ Cordless Drill Driver UK Review
Thanks for taking your time to read our UK review of the popular Ryobi R18DDP2-0 18V ONE+ cordless drill driver. The drill/driver is of course very easy to identify with the distinct Ryobi branding and the bright yellow colour.
This model also forms part of the One+ range. That means that this drill comes as a bare tool (no battery included). You can however buy a Ryobi battery, and then use that with the full range of Ryobi cordless home and garden tools.
This is a 2 gear drill/driver, with a 13 mm chuck and 24 torque settings.
This model is suitable for drilling wood, metal and plastic. It is important to note that this drill/driver does not have a hammer action. As a result it is not suitable for drilling through any type of masonry such as brick.
This model can be used as a general purpose drill/driver for around the home and garden. It has been designed mainly for driving in screws, but works well for the lighter drilling jobs through wood, plastic or metal.
Ryobi- The Company and Brand
Ryobi are part of an international group called Techtronic Industries (TTI). This company also owns Milwaukee, AEG, Hoover, Homelite, Empire, Stiletto, Hart, Oreck, Vax and the Dirt Devil.
They are popular for some UK buyers as they introduced the concept of the one tool cordless approach. In other words you can buy a Ryobi battery, and then use it with their range of cordless tools.
- This drill is a bare tool
- You will need to buy a Ryobi 1.5 Ah battery or higher and also a 18V One + compact charger
- That will then allow you to use the same battery for other cordless Ryobi tools
- That does make the initial purchase price more expensive, but once you own the battery and charger, then the other tools that you buy will of course be cheaper.
How Buyers Rate the Ryobi R18DDP2-0 18V ONE+
In this section of the review we show you how buyers rate their purchase. There are a number of online websites who see this particular model of this Ryobi drill. On most of those websites customer have the opportunity to leave a review and a rating.
We collect those various ratings from those websites and then work out an average buyer satisfaction score. This average is shown as a percentage with a maximum score of 100%.
- 90-100% - An excellent product
- 80-90% - A very good product
- 70-80% - A good product
- Less than 70% - There are better choices on the market and you should look around
Here are the average ratings for this Ryobi R18DDP2-0 18V ONE+ Cordless Drill Driver
- On average online buyers gave this drill an average buyer satisfaction rating of 92%
- 81% of all buyers gave this drill a full 5 star review
- No buyers so far have given this model a bad review
What Buyers Say About the Ryobi R18DDP2-0
We now know how online buyers rate this drill. In this review section we take a look at what buyers had to say, when they left a review or to make comments on their purchase.
We have then analysed all of these and have summarised them in a pros and cons table shown below. We think that makes those easier to read.
There are over two hundred online buyer reviews which tells us that this drill sells really well, and also gives us plenty of useful information to review.
Ryobi R18DDP2-0 Specification
Some potential buyers also like to know the full technical specification of any drill they are considering buying. We have therefore included a full specification below.
- Measures 25.6 x 7.8 x 19.4 cm
- Weighs 1.8 kg with the battery attached (1.4 kg without)
- Uses an 18 Volt Lithium-Ion battery (not supplied)
- It has a 13 mm keyless chuck for quick and easy bit changes
- It has a 2-speed gearbox - that gives you very good control of the right speed to drill or drive through different materials and for different applications
- It has 24 torque settings that are easy to select and change - this allows you to drive screws flush every time
- Comes with a magnetic bit holder to keep screws and accessories close to hand
- According to the manufacturer this can drive up to 695 4 x 32 mm screws on a fully charged 2.5Ah Lithium+ battery
- Max drilling steel 13 mm
- Max. drilling wood 32 mm
- Max. torque 45 Nm
- Comes with a double ended bit
Understanding the Ryobi Warranty
In addition to any of your UK statutory rights resulting from a purchase, this product is covered by the warranty as stated below.
The warranty period is 24 months for consumers and commences on the date the product was purchased. This date has to be documented by an invoice or other proof of purchase. The product is designed and dedicated to consumer and private use only. So there is no warranty provided in case of professional or commercial use. This warranty applies only on new products.
There is a possibility to extend for a part of the range of power tools (AC/DC) the warranty period over the period described above using the registration on the www.ryobitools.eu website.
You can read the full Ryobi warranty by clicking here.
Our Verdict on the Ryobi R18DDP2-0 18V ONE+ Cordless Drill Driver
This section is where we give you our own opinion on this Ryobi R18DDP2-0 18V ONE+ model. This works really well as a basic drill and driver for the smaller and lighter jobs around the home and garden. In particular we believe that this one has been designed as a very good and effective driver.
- Please note this is not a hammer drill so no good for drilling though masonry such as brick
- This drill is however powerful enough for laying down decking boards, adding boards to fences and putting up shelves through plasterboard
- It gets some of the best reviews that we have ever seen so no doubting the quality of this product, which is supported by the warranty as explained above.
However if this is not the Ryobi drill for you, then check out our top 10 list of Ryobi cordless drills by clicking here. If you prefer to see drills other than the Ryobi brand, then check out our regularly updated top 10 cordless drill list.
If you already own a Bosch cordless product, then buying one of these is clearly a very good idea, as we think the price point is good for such a high quality drill/driver.
If you don't own a Ryobi product, then the initial outlay of this drill/driver combined with having to buy the battery and charger will be expensive.
Depending on the size of battery you buy those cost anything between £50-90 (Ampere size of the battery)
The battery charger is a similar price.
You can also buy a combination pack of battery and charger. The best way to buy these however is as a starter kit with some one of their tools. That has usually been discounted and you can almost always get a better bargain.