Best Makita Cordless Drills Reviews UK 2018
The Makita brand is a Japanese company with over 100 years experience in the tool industry. They have a manufacturing plant here in the UK which is based in Telford. In 1991 they bought over the Dolmar brand and that allowed them to branch out into outdoor power gardening tools.
Makita - The Company and the Brand
They are without any doubt one of the very best when it comes to new and innovative technology. Their main research and development is based in Japan and they do invest a lot of money in features like Lithium-Ion batteries, improved dust extraction systems and battery charging systems. If you would like to find out a little more about the Makita tool brand, then please check out the video below.
Their drill/drivers are at the higher end of the price point and range between £70-170 for their best choices. They have a very distinctive blue and red colour scheme on their brand. These would be more expensive for example that the average cost of a drill in the Black and Decker range. That said, there is no doubt whatsoever about the very high quality of all of their power tools. They use the best materials available and if you buy a Makita product, you will have purchased an excellent tool.
Makita firmly believe that the key to any good power tool is the motor. Dewalt have a similar philosophy and that is why they produced their brushless motor. Makita do produce excellent motors and they use premium grade steel for their gears and shafts. They then thoroughly test all of their products before they leave the factory. The bottom line here is that they build and deliver some of the highest quality drill/drivers on the UK market and at an average price of around £70-100.
Over the years Jack (a site contributor) has used a lot of Makita tools. In the past he would have used a mixture of Bosch and Ryobi. He has switched almost every tool he owns over to this Makita brand. I have used many of his tools myself and can also assure you these are a very high standard indeed. I remain a devout Dewalt guy, but if they didn't exist, I would be using these.
Below we have listed the Top 10 Makita cordless drills by those that have received the highest rating. These ratings are taken from Amazon buyers, who have bought and used the product. They have then taken the time to leave a review. At least that way, you know that it is based on the opinions of a whole range of buyers, and not just the opinion of one or two people.
Top 10 Rated Makita Cordless Drills By Rating
Please note that the prices and the ratings are taken from Amazon and were right at the time of publishing. Ratings are scores out of a maximum of 5 stars. Please always check at the time of purchase for the most up to date and accurate ratings and prices, as these will change on a daily basis. The table below is meant to be used as a general guide.
Underneath the table you will find a short review on each of the Makita models. There will be an option then to read more reviews at Amazon, or to read our own more detailed review and recommendations.
Please note you can sort the table below by either price or rating by clicking on the arrow at the top of the column. That way you can decide what is important for you.
Makita DK18015x2 Twin Set
Makita BHP458 BTD146
Makita HP457D Drilling Kit
Makita 18V CORDLESS COMBI DRILL LI-ION
18v MAKITA CORDLESS COMBI DRILL
No 1 - Makita DHP456RMWX 18V Li-Ion Cordless LXT Combi Drill with 1 x 4Ah Battery
- Powerful 18 volt Li-Ion battery
- 2 gears for low and high speed work (metal gear box)
- Fast charger
- Special Edition - so comes with a carrying case and belt clip
With over 100 buyer reviews this one gets the highest rating of all the Makita drills. It has an average price of around £160 depending on where you make your purchase and a very high rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars. This is a high quality drill packed with features such as an LED light, 22 minute charge time for the battery, variable speed, forward and reverse functions.
No 2 - Makita BHP459Z 18V 13mm Cordless Lithium Ion Brushless 2 Speed Combi Drill
- 18 Volt Lithium Ion Battery
- Light and ultra compact for long and extended use
- 13 mm one hand use chuck
- 2 speed combination drill/driver
- LED Light for dark work areas
No 3 - Makita DK18015x2 Twin Set Cordless Hammer Drill and Impact Driver pack with 2 x 18v BL1813G Batteries and 1x DC18WA
- Cordless Hammer Drill & an Impact Driver - 2 separate tools
- Two 18 Volt Lithium Ion batteries
- 3 Years Warranty
- Canvas carrying Bag
- An Impact gold drill bit
No 4 - Makita LCT204W Cordless Drill Plus Impact Driver Kit
- 2 10.8 volt Li-Ion batteries
- Great for all jobs and very lightweight
- 2 speed gear box
- Keyless 3 jaw chuck for great gripping
- Best Seller on Amazon
No 5 - Makita BHP458 BTD146 18V Cordless LXT Li-Ion Combi Drill and Impact Driver
- No batteries included (Uses 18 Volt Li-Ion) - no charger or case either
- 2 separate tools - combination drill and an impact driver
- 13 mm keyless chuck
- Good buy for people who do a lot of DIY
- Ideal if you already own other Makita power tools as you will have the battery
No 6 - Makita 8391DWPE-TK 18V Combi Drill With 2x 1.3Ah Ni-Cad Batteries
- The perfect all round kit for many jobs
- Two 18 Volt Ni-CD batteries
- Carrying case and 101 piece accessory kit
- Can handle brick and concrete
- Forward and reverse capability
No 7 - Makita 18v Cordless lithium COMBI drill complete kit + 101 Makita Accessory set
- Two 18 Volt Lithium-Ion Batteries
- Small and compact drill/driver
- 101 piece useful accessory set
- Canvas carrying bag
- 3 Years warranty
Read Our Detailed Review
No 9 - 18v MAKITA CORDLESS COMBI DRILL,COMPLETE LITHIUM KIT WITH 3 YEARS MAKITA WARRANTY
- Special Offer from Holywell Tools
- POPULAR SELLER for many buyers
- Bonus 100 piece mixed security set in a case
- 18 Volt Combination hammer drill
No 10 - Makita DHP453SY 18 V Cordless Li-Ion Combi Drill
- 18 Volt Lithium -Ion battery
- 10 torque settings
- Compact and light design for confined spaces
- 2 speed gear box
- Comes with carrying case
So that is our review of the best Makita cordless drills in the UK market at the moment. Hopefully this helps make your choice that little bit easier.