Thanks for taking your time to read our UK review of the Flybiz Cordless Drill. We noticed this model when we were doing our research online. The "Flybiz" brand name is not that well known in the United Kingdom, yet this particular cordless drill is selling really well, and getting very good online buyer reviews.
At the time of writing this review we found over 1,500 buyer reviews, and that is always a very good sign, that a product is selling really well. We also noted that this drill had an online buyer satisfaction rate of 90%, which is an excellent rating. That is why we decided to do a review on this particular drill.
Just below you will find a summary of the key features of this drill. Underneath that, we get into much more detail.
Product Rating Summary
What makes this Flybiz drill so popular, we believe is the value for money. You get a 21 Volt drill, 2 batteries, a charger and a 23 piece accessory set for under £70. Online we found that the average buying price was around £55-60.
The drill has LED work lights, a 2-speed gearbox, variable speed and a safety braking system.
These are typically all the features that you would find in a higher end drill.
With a high buyer satisfaction rating this ensures that the majority of buyers are pleased with their purchase.
The majority of buyers said that the battery life was very good, having 2 batteries was very useful and a fast 1 hour charge.
There is little doubt that this combined package does represent very good value for money.
Understanding the Buyer Rating
- Overall online buyers have given this a rating of 90% which is a very good rating
- 70% of all those buyers rated this as a 5 star product
- 5% of all buyers gave this a poor review
So in summary, over 1500 online reviews which is a strong sign that this drill sells well, and with an average buyer satisfaction rating of 90%, 9 out of 10 buyers are well pleased with their purchase.
What Online Buyers Said
It became very obvious when reading all of the reviews, that most buyers said this is a small, compact and lightweight drill. It is useful for doing those smaller DIY tasks around the home. It also became clear that this is not designed for a lot of drilling or driving or for heavy duty drilling and driving.
Flybiz 21V Drill Features
- This drill set comes in a hard case, so the good news is that you can keep all the bits and pieces in one place
- You get 2 batteries and as you two is always better than one. It means you can be using one while the other one is charging. There is a small light which turns green when the battery is fully charged.
- The charger comes with this kit, and it can charge the battery in an hour, which is really very fast. There is no charging stand so you simply plug the charger straight into the battery itself
- The accessories include: 9 x sleeves, 2 x two-way drill bits. a glass drill bits set, 5 x twist drill bits and an extension rod
- This drill does NOT have a hammer feature - that means it can not be used to drill masonry such as brick or block
- The drill is reversible so it can drive screws in and also be used to remove them
- There is an LED light which does help light up poorly lit work areas
- It has a 2 speed gearbox providing greater torque versatility along with a range of torque settings for driving into different types of materials
- It also has a safety quick stop brake function for conserving battery power and greatly reducing the likelihood of injury
Our Verdict on the Flybiz 21V Cordless Drill Driver
As we have mentioned this drill sells well and gets very good online reviews. In our opinion this is not a drill to buy if you plan on doing a lot of drilling or driving work.
This will suit home owners who need a drill/driver from time to time for smaller jobs around the home. It is we believe very good value for money, and buyers liked the fact that it is compact, light in weight and yet powerful enough for them to do simple drilling and screwdriving jobs around the home.
We have never heard of the brand and it seems they do a wide range of different types of products online. We can't find a website for this name and we can't really find any information about the company name.
That does not appear to have put online buyers off at all. This drill sells really well and buyers don't seem to worry too much about owning a tool branded drill.
However if this is not the cordless drill for you, then check out our top 10 list of cordless drills by clicking here.
So, if you just want a good value drill, then this Flybiz cordless drill appears to tick the box for many UK buyers.