Bosch PSR 1080 LI Cordless Drill Driver Drill UK Review
Thanks for taking your time to read our UK review of the popular Bosch PSR 1080 LI cordless drill driver. This is a compact drill/driver that can be used for general purposes around the home.
It will do both rotary drilling and many screwdriving applications.
- The drill has a single speed gearbox and 10 torque settings that allow you to set the strength of drilling and driving
- Also has a variable speed trigger that gives you precise control over drilling speeds
- Has a keyless chuck for fast changing of driving an drilling bits
- Has an LED work light
- The battery and charger included with this drill are compatible with the rest of the POWER4ALL range of 10.8 volt garden and DIY power tools from the Bosch brand.
Bosch - The Company and Brand
Bosch are a popular brand choice for many UK buyers and home owners. Bosch operates in the UK as Robert Bosch Limited. They employ around 5,200 people across 40 locations in the UK. In 2017, Bosch generated revenues in the UK of £3.5 billion, and the UK is the second largest European market for Bosch after Germany.
Bosch are a German based company and they own a number of brands including Rexroth, Buderus, Dremel, Dynacord and Worcester Bosch (Gas Boilers) They make very high quality tools for the home and garden as well as operating in many other sectors.
- This drill uses the higher quality Lithium-ion battery
- Has a keyless chuck
- Suitable for general purpose use around the home
- Compact and lightweight
- At the affordable end of the Bosch branded drills
How Buyers Rate the Bosch PSR 1080 LI
In this section of the review we show you how buyers rate their purchase. There are a number of online websites who see this particular model of this Bosch drill. On most of those websites customer have the opportunity to leave a review and a rating.
We collect those various ratings from those websites and then work out an average buyer satisfaction score. This average is shown as a percentage with a maximum score of 100%.
- 90-100% - An excellent product
- 80-90% - A very good product
- 70-80% - A good product
- Less than 70% - There are better choices on the market and you should look around
Here are the average ratings for this Bosch PBH 2100 RE model.
- On average online buyers gave this drill an average buyer satisfaction rating of 88%
- 81% of all buyers gave this drill a full 5 star review
- 2% of all buyers gave this a bad review
What Buyers Say About the Bosch PSR 1080
We now know how online buyers rate this drill. In this review section we take a look at what buyers had to say, when they left a review or to make comments on their purchase.
We have then analysed all of these and have summarised them in a pros and cons table shown below. We think that makes those easier to read.
There are over two hundred online buyer reviews which tells us that this drill sells really well, and also gives us plenty of useful information to review.
Bosch PSR 1080 LI Specification
Some potential buyers also like to know the full technical specification of any drill they are considering buying. We have therefore included a full specification below.
- Measures 32.8 x 28.8 x 9.8 cm
- Weighs 1.1 kg with the battery attached
- Uses a 10.8 Volt Lithium-Ion battery and comes with one battery
- The battery charger and battery make use of a battery charge level indicator. The charger takes 3 hours for a full charge
- It has a keyless chuck with Bosch Auto-Lock for the fastest and easiest bit changes
- Comes with an LED work light, great for working in poorly lit areas
- This drill also has 10 torque settings- Maximum torque: 25 Nm for drilling and maximum torque for soft/hard screwdriving applications: 9/25 Nm
- Machine weight with battery: 1.1 kg
- Can be used on screws up to 6 mm
- Max Drill diameter in steel: 6 mm
- Max Drill diameter in wood: 20 mm
- Comes with a double ended screwdriver bit and a carry case
Understanding the Bosch Warranty
Almost all Bosch tools will come with a standard 2 year warranty. For most of their tools Bosch allow you to extend that warranty to two years, as long as you register your new purchase online.
We think that is worth doing as it gives you some added protection. You can read the full Bosch warranty by clicking here.
Our Verdict on the Bosch PSR 1080 LI Cordless Drill Driver Review
This section is where we give you our own opinion on this PSR 1080 LI model. This works really well as a basic drill and driver for the smaller and lighter jobs around the home and garden.
- Please note this is not a hammer drill so no good for drilling though masonry such as brick
- This drill is however powerful enough for laying down decking boards, adding boards to fences and putting up shelves through plasterboard
- It is light and compact with a soft grip so pretty easy to use
- The torque settings are useful to help control the driving and drilling strengths.
If this is not the Bosch drill for you, then check out our top 10 list of Bosch drills by clicking here. If you prefer to see drills other than the Bosch brand, then check out our regularly updated top 10 cordless drill list.
This Bosch PSR 1080 is a useful drill to have around the home and also to use as a second drill if you are for example drilling and driving. When laying deck board for example it is useful to have two drill/drivers.
You can drill with one and then drive the screws in using this PSR 1080 model.