Bosch PBH 2100 RE Rotary Hammer Drill UK Review
Thanks for taking your time to read our UK review of the very popular Bosch PBH 2100 RE rotary hammer drill. According to buyers this is an affordable option that truly packs a punch when you need it most.
It is one of the best sellers online when it comes to buying a rotary hammer drill. Overall online buyers have given this Bosch model an average 90% buyer satisfaction rating.
It has an RRP of £99.99, but during our research on this model, we usually could find this cheaper online. The offers do change regularly, but almost all of them were well under this RRP.
So we know the price and we know that there are plenty of online buyers for this model, and that overall they rate this highly.
A rotary hammer drill has a rotating machine tool for drilling in masonry, concrete, artificial and natural stone. They are equipped with a percussive hammer mechanism.
That striking energy is independent of operator pressure. When the hammer mechanism is turned off, the rotary hammer can be used like a drill when the rotation mechanism is turned off, it turns into a chipping hammer. Tool speed and impact force of the tool can be adjusted electronically to match the processed material and application.
In the rest of this review we shall dig into the details of this drill in a lot more detail for our UK readers.
Bosch - The Company and Brand
Bosch are a popular brand choice for many UK buyers and home owners. Bosch operates in the UK as Robert Bosch Limited. They employ around 5,200 people across 40 locations in the UK. In 2017, Bosch generated revenues in the UK of £3.5 billion, and the UK is the second largest European market for Bosch after Germany.
Bosch are a German based company and they own a number of brands including Rexroth, Buderus, Dremel, Dynacord and Worcester Bosch (Gas Boilers) They make very high quality tools for the home and garden as well as operating in many other sectors.
- Can be used for drilling into concrete, steel and wood
- Has a keyless chuck for fast bit changes
- Has a selection switch for hammering, chiseling, drilling or screwdriving
- Also can be bought with a drill bit set
- Can also be bought with a 6 piece SDS drill bit set
- Both options above will be slightly more expensive than buying the drill on its own
How Buyers Rate the Bosch PBH 2100 RE
In this section of the review we show you how buyers rate their purchase. There are a number of online websites who see this particular model of this Bosch drill. On most of those websites customer have the opportunity to leave a review and a rating.
We collect those various ratings from those websites and then work out an average buyer satisfaction score. This average is shown as a percentage with a maximum score of 100%.
- 90-100% - An excellent product
- 80-90% - A very good product
- 70-80% - A good product
- Less than 70% - There are better choices on the market and you should look around
Here are the average ratings for this Bosch PBH 2100 RE model.
- On average online buyers gave this drill an average buyer satisfaction rating of 90%
- 80% of all buyers gave this drill a full 5 star review
- 5% of all buyers gave this a bad review
What Buyers Say About the Bosch PBH 2100 Hammer Drill
We now know how online buyers rate this drill. In this review section we take a look at what buyers had to say, when they left a review or to make comments on their purchase.
We have then analysed all of these and have summarised them in a pros and cons table shown below. We think that makes those easier to read.
There are over two hundred online buyer reviews which tells us that this drill sells really well, and also gives us plenty of useful information to review.
Bosch PBH 2100 RE Specification
Some potential buyers also like to know the full technical specification of any drill they are considering buying. We have included a full specification below:
- Measures 38 x 37 x 11 cm
- Weighs 2.2 kg
- Soft grip handle
- 550 watts and suitable for drilling concrete, steel and wood
- It has a keyless chuck for quick and easy bit change
- A switch can be quickly selected to pick hammering, chiseling, drilling or screwdriving
- An impact stop switches off the hammer mechanism when drilling in wood or metal and when screwdriving
- A rotation stop switches off the rotary motion when chiseling
- Can be used in concrete up to 20 mm drill diameter
- This gives high impact force in hard materials regardless of the feed pressure
- Electronic speed control trigger
- Comes with an auxiliary handle, depth gauge and a hard plastic carrying case
- No-load speed: 0–2300 rpm
- Impact rate: 0–5800 rpm
- Can be used with core drills
Maximum drilling diameter in concrete
Maximum drilling diameter in steel
Maximum drilling diameter in wood
Understanding the Bosch Warranty
Almost all Bosch tools will come with a standard 2 year warranty. For most of their tools Bosch allow you to extend that warranty to two years, as long as you register your new purchase online.
We think that is worth doing as it gives you some added protection. You can read the full Bosch warranty by clicking here.
Our Verdict on the Bosch PBH 2100 RE Rotary Hammer Drill
This where we give you our own opinion on this PBH 2100 RE model.
There are plenty of rotary hammer drill options on the UK market, and this model from Bosch is up there with the best of them.
Most UK buyers will be familiar with the quality and the reliability of any Bosch branded tool.
This model is worth considering mainly due to the price, and for most people this one will do the job for them.
If this is not the model for you, then check our our top 10 list of cordless SDS hammer drills by clicking here.
This one however sells pretty well, and overall buyers really like it when they have bought and used it. The good news is that there are not a great deal of complaints, and that is always a very good thing.