Bosch IXO Cordless Screwdriver UK Review
Thanks for taking the time to read our detailed review of the very popular Bosch IXO Cordless Screwdriver, one of the highest selling tools online. The reason for its popularity is that it is small and compact, yet powerful enough to do almost any screwdriving task.
UK buyers also like and trust the Bosch brand. In summary this cordless screwdriver can drive in and also remove screws, can be charged through a USB, and has a spotlight to help light up the work area.
You can see an image of the screwdriver just below. It measures just 6.4 x 23.6 x 16 cm and weighs only 0.3 Kg. It runs off a 3.6 volt Lithium-Ion battery and comes with a USB charger.
It also comes with 10 standard screwdriver bits and all held in a metal case.
Who Should Buy the Bosch IXO Cordless Screwdriver
This is an easy to store cordless screwdriver that can be used for a variety of household tasks such as:
- Assembling flat pack furniture
- Making and joining cupboards
- Putting up shelves or hanging pictures
- Driving in screws
- Tightening up loose screws
- Removing older screws
Bosch - The Company and Brand
Bosch are a popular brand choice for many UK buyers and home owners. Bosch operates in the UK as Robert Bosch Limited. They employ around 5,200 people across 40 locations in the UK. In 2017, Bosch generated revenues in the UK of £3.5 billion, and the UK is the second largest European market for Bosch after Germany.
Bosch are a German based company and they own a number of brands including Rexroth, Buderus, Dremel, Dynacord and Worcester Bosch (Gas Boilers) They make very high quality tools for the home and garden as well as operating in many other sectors.
How Online Buyers Rate the Bosch IXO Cordless Screwdriver
- On average buyers have rated this with a 94% buyer satisfaction which is an excellent rating
- 80% of all buyers give this screwdriver a full 5 star rating
- 2% of all buyers gave this product a bad rating
Overall the reviews on this Bosch compact cordless screwdriver are excellent.
What Online Buyers Say About the Bosch IXO Cordless Screwdriver
The average price point for this is anywhere between £28-41.99 and it really all depends where you buy it, and if you happen to chance across some type of sale or discounted offer.
We also know that it gets excellent buyer ratings as you can see from the 94% buyer satisfaction rating. There are over 2,000 online buyer reviews and that tells us that this product is a very big seller.
Now we dig a little deeper and see what online buyers have to say about this cordless screwdriver.
Online Buyer Pros and Cons Comparison Table
Bosch IXO Cordless Screwdriver Specification - What It Can and Can't Do?
Our strong advice here is to not end up disappointed. This small screwdriver is good for light tasks around the home and that's all. Please don't buy this if you plan on doing any type of heavy work in the home or garden.
It simply does not have the power or the torque required to do any type of medium to heavy tasks. It will work well enough on flat pack furniture like book cases or wardrobes or with a few electronic goods, but not for building decks or making fences.
- Measures 6.4 x 23.6 x 16 cm
- Weighs 0.3 Kg
- Runs off a 3.6 volt battery that can not be removed from the screwdriver, so the driver is out of action when the battery needs to be charged
- Has a maximum speed of 215 rpm
- Maximum torque for soft/hard screw applications - 3 / 4.5 Nm
- Good for driving screws up to 5 mm in diameter
- Comes with 10 standard screwdriver bits, a USB charger and a metal carry case
- It takes 3 hours to fully charge this up
- It does have a charge indicator
- Comes with a 2 year warranty which can be extended to 3 years when you register the product online
What It Can't Do
- This driver does not have any type of variable speed so you can not change the speed at which this driver runs
- Not suitable for drilling any type of screw with a diameter greater than 5 mm
- It is no good for drilling into hard or thick wood
- This screwdriver does not have a brake
Video Review of the Bosch IXO Cordless Screwdriver
Our Verdict on the Bosch IXO Cordless Screwdriver with Integrated 3.6 V Lithium-Ion Battery
You should have gathered from my review above that this is a useful little tool to have around the home for doing those light tasks.
This is used mainly for DIY furniture from places like IKEA. It is certainly a handy tool to have about the home.
As you will also have gathered this is certainly not for any type of heavy duty work such as making a fence or laying a deck.
As long as you fully understand its limitations, then you will not be disappointed. It takes about 3 hours to charge this screwdriver, and then you will get about an hour's work from this. That will depend on the type of use of course but an hour is a good rough guide.
It does have a couple of lights that help light up the place where you are driving. That is handy for dimly lit areas such as corners or under worktops.