Thanks for taking your time to read our UK review of the popular Bosch Easydrill 1200 cordless drill. According to buyers this is a small and lightweight drill with tons of power.
You can usually find this model online for around £60, and this is typical of the Bosch price range for this type of drill. It comes with the battery and charger, and all of that is neatly contained in a hard plastic carrying case.
UK Buyers clearly like the product as overall they have given this drill/driver a 90% buyer satisfaction rating, that we explain below in more detail.
This is a useful drill to have for around the home. That said it does not have a hammer feature, so is not a drill that can be used for drilling through masonry. If you plan on buying a cordless drill to do that, then this one is not suitable.
This drill/driver is suitable for drilling through wood, plastic and light metals. It can also be used to drive screws into wood.
Bosch - The Company and Brand
Bosch are a popular brand choice for many UK buyers and home owners. Bosch operates in the UK as Robert Bosch Limited. They employ around 5,200 people across 40 locations in the UK. In 2017, Bosch generated revenues in the UK of £3.5 billion, and the UK is the second largest European market for Bosch after Germany.
Bosch are a German based company and they own a number of brands including Rexroth, Buderus, Dremel, Dynacord and Worcester Bosch (Gas Boilers) They make very high quality tools for the home and garden as well as operating in many other sectors.
- This drill is designed to be small, compact and lightweight
- It has variable speed control which allows you to drill into different types or materials
- This is a 12 volt cordless drill that comes with 2 batteries and a charger
- Can also be bought with 1 battery and will be slightly cheaper
- Has a no-load speed : 0 - 1.650 rpm
How Buyers Rate the EasyDrill 1200
In this section of the review we show you how buyers rate their purchase. There are a number of online websites who see this particular model of this Bosch drill. On most of those websites customer have the opportunity to leave a review and a rating.
We collect those various ratings from those websites and then work out an average buyer satisfaction score. This average is shown as a percentage with a maximum score of 100%.
- 90-100% - An excellent product
- 80-90% - A very good product
- 70-80% - A good product
- Less than 70% - There are better choices on the market and you should look around
Here are the average ratings for this Bosch EasyDrill 1200 Cordless Drill/Driver model.
- On average online buyers gave this drill an average buyer satisfaction rating of 90%
- 74% of all buyers gave this drill a full 5 star review
- 5% of all buyers gave this a bad review
What Buyers Say About the EasyDrill 1200
We now know how online buyers rate this drill. In this review section we take a look at what buyers had to say, when they left a review or to make comments on their purchase.
We have then analysed all of these and have summarised them in a pros and cons table shown below. We think that makes those easier to read.
There are over two hundred online buyer reviews which tells us that this drill sells really well, and also gives us plenty of useful information to review.
It is worth noting that to remove the battery from most Bosch drills, you have to press hard on each side of the battery, and then it will pop out. It does require a good amount of pressure to do that.
Bosch EasyDrill 1200 Specification
Some potential buyers also like to know the full technical specification of any drill they are considering buying. We have included a full specification below:
- Measures 33.8 x 9.9 x 29.1 cm
- Weighs just under 1 kg with the battery in
- This is a 12 volt cordless drill that uses Lithium-Ion batteries
- Has a variable speed trigger that allows you control over drilling speeds
- Has a soft grip handle which does make holding the drill pretty comfortable
- Has an LED light
- Takes 70 minutes to reach an 80% charge and 95 minutes for a full charge - this is pretty fast for charging these types of batteries
- It does have a reverse function which is handy for removing screws
- 15 torque settings
- Comes with a charger (Model Number AL 1110 CV) a carrying case and a double screwdriver bit
- The battery pack is the PBA 12V 1.5Ah O-A
Screw diameter up to
Drilling diameter in wood
Drilling diameter in steel
Weight with battery
Understanding the Bosch Warranty
Almost all Bosch tools will come with a standard 2 year warranty. For most of their tools Bosch allow you to extend that warranty to two years, as long as you register your new purchase online.
We think that is worth doing as it gives you some added protection. You can read the full Bosch warranty by clicking here.
You can also read the Bosch Easydrill 1200 user manual by clicking here.
Our Verdict on the Bosch EasyDrill 1200
This where we give you our own opinion on this Bosch Easydrill 1200. We believe this is a useful and relatively affordable drill/driver to have around the home. It will be able to take on any small job, and many medium sized jobs, in terms of both drilling and driving screws.
- It is important to know that this model does not have a hammer function, so please don't buy this model if you plan on drilling through any type of masonry or things like bathroom or kitchen tiles.
- Overall it is a nice little piece of kit that has enough features to make it a useful one to have around the home and garden.
It is pretty new to the UK market, and so far it is selling steadily, and still gets consistently good buyer reviews.
If however this is not the model for you, then why not check out our top 10 list of Bosch cordless drills by clicking here. If you re not stuck on the Bosch brand, then you might also want to check out our overall top 10 list of cordless drills, and you can do that by clicking here.
Overall though we like the EasyDrill 1200 as it is compact, light and suitable for most jobs around the home.